It may seem like dental care is a service that’s more or less the same, no matter where you go. But nothing could be further from the truth! While the field of dentistry has come a long way and now offers exciting new technology and techniques, it’s not uncommon to be treated like a number in one of the many “cookie-cutter” offices out there. That’s why it’s so important to make sure you get the latest technology along with friendly, personalized care when you see a new dentist in Lake in the Hills. At Compassionate Dental Care, we offer both! Keep reading to learn more about what sets us apart and what you can expect from your first visit with us.
What Will Your First Visit Be Like?
Our goal is to give you thorough, comprehensive dental care. To make sure we evaluate every aspect of your oral health, we include the following at your initial visit:
- First, we’ll spend a little time getting to know you and discussing your medical and dental history.
- We’ll take X-rays and images so we can look at everything that we can’t see with our eyes alone. This includes areas in between the back teeth and underneath dental crowns and bridges. We’ll also use these images to make sure your jaws and temporomandibular joint (TMJ) are healthy.
- We’ll gently evaluate your gums to make sure everything is healthy. Gum disease is the leading cause of tooth loss, so we want to diagnose any issues as early as possible so we can recommend the appropriate treatment.
- If you have healthy gums or mild gingivitis, we’ll do a professional cleaning and polishing. For patients with gum disease, we’ll recommend a special type of cleaning to better serve their needs.
- You’ll get an oral cancer screening.
- Lastly, we’ll do a thorough exam to make sure your existing dental work is still functioning well and determine whether there is any decay, fractures or other oral health issues that need to be addressed.
Before making any treatment recommendations, we’ll consider everything from your age, lifestyle, goals, and budget. When possible, we’ll give you multiple treatment options so you can make the best decision for your needs.
What Sets Compassionate Dental Care Apart?
Our approach to dental care is patient-centered and your comfort is the top priority! We want you to have a positive experience – from the moment you call to schedule an appointment, until your visit is over.
Here are just some of the ways we make your visits more efficient, comfortable, and convenient:
- Early morning and late hours (7am-7pm) throughout the week, with weekend hours each Saturday as well
- Digital X-rays that use 90% less radiation than traditional and also provide a better image
- CEREC same-day dental crowns that are done in just one visit
- Multiple sedation options to make sure that your visit is stress-free (including oral conscious sedation, nitrous oxide, and IV sedation)
- Simple, non-invasive sleep apnea treatment
At the end of the day, we want to build long-term relationships with our patients and be the last dentist you and your family ever need!
About the Author
Dr. Stirneman is a general, restorative and cosmetic dentist in Lake in the Hills (and also a native of the area). With over 25 years experience, he makes advanced education a priority so he can offer the latest dental techniques while still providing old-fashioned personal attention to his patients. If you have any questions about your oral health or would like to schedule an appointment, he can be contacted via his website.