Dental Implants in Lake in the Hills
If you’re tired of having a gappy smile, dental implants might be right for you! Many dentists consider them the gold standard of tooth replacement because they are so sturdy, natural-looking, and beneficial for your oral and overall health. Let’s talk about some common questions that folks have about this potentially life-changing procedure.
How Do Dental Implants Work?
There are a couple different types of dental implants, but the most common are endosteal implants. That’s just a fancy way of saying that they’re placed inside the jawbone. Your surgeon will insert a small titanium post there. As you heal from the surgery, your body will form a strong bond with the implant, allowing it to act in much the same way as a natural tooth root. This process gives your restored smile the strongest base possible. After that bond has formed, we’ll place a beautiful, custom restoration on top of the implant.
What Are the Benefits of Dental Implants?
Dental implants come with a long list of benefits, including:
- Health benefits. Implants can prevent the bone loss in the jaw that comes with missing teeth. They can also prevent your natural pearly whites from drifting out of place.
- If you care for them well and don’t run into any unfortunate incidents, implants have the potential to last a lifetime.
- Stability and sturdiness. Implants are strong enough to stand up to all of your favorite foods, and they won’t slip out of your mouth while you’re eating or speaking.
- Natural appearance. The restorations that go on top of implants look like natural teeth, and there won’t be any odd-looking attachments to mar your new smile’s style.
- Once your implants and the restorations are in place, you’ll have an easy time caring for them. You’ll be able to brush and floss as your normally would.
- Some people who aren’t candidates for traditional implants may be able to receive All-on-4 implants, wherein the surgeon replaces an entire row of teeth with just four titanium posts and an accompanying set of artificial chompers.
How Much Do Dental Implants Cost?
Dental implants present a higher upfront cost than other tooth replacement methods, but their long-term value makes them a worthy investment. The exact cost of your procedure will depend on several factors, including the amount of prep work necessary and how many implants you need. The best way to find out the price of a new smile is to come into our office for a consultation.
What Is the Success Rate of Dental Implants?
Dental implants have an extremely high success rate — up to 98 percent. Even if you have certain risk factors that could affect how your implants perform, don’t let that hold you back from exploring the possibility that this treatment could help you. You may still be able to enjoy all of the perks of implants when you entrust your procedure to a highly skilled team.
To learn more about dental implants and to discover if they’re right for you, please contact us so we can get you started on the road to a restored smile.